Posted Wed 15th Aug 2018, 2:47pm
Welcome to the August update!
- Thu 16th Aug, London: Shroomshop
- Mon 20th Aug, London: Psychedelic Gong Bath
- Thu 30th Aug, London: Sisters Breathwork Circle
- Sun 2nd Sep, Bristol: Sensing Symbiosis
- Sat 8th Sep, London: Psychedelic Drum Birthing Workshop
- Tue 11th Sep, London: Psychedelic Women's Circle
- Tue 25th Sep, London: Cacao Ceremony with Stephen Reid and Gaia Harvey Jackson
- Mon 15th Oct, London: Psychedelic Breathwork
Featured event: Drum Birthing Workshop (London)
Making your own ceremony drum is an incredibly deep and powerful practice, connecting you with the spirit of the animal and your own unique prayer, which you will infuse into its creation. This practical, hands-on workshop is entirely interwoven with ceremony to support the profound creation of deeply personal drums, infused with individual song, character and prayer, crafted from hand prepared, ethically and locally sourced materials. Read more and book your place — Deadline to sign up Friday 17th August!
Featured event: Sensing Symbiosis (Bristol)
Sensing Symbiosis is a seasonal sequence of events that invites you to come and immerse yourself in the great outdoors and to wonder at the complexities and beauty that the world around us holds. Each session will explore a selection of interesting and unusual elements of the natural world. We will navigate the ecology and biology of plants, animals and fungi through a scientific lens, and then venture into the magical and mysterious secret life of nature through folklore, mythology, ethnobotany and natural geometry. Read more and book your place
Apparel with new logo now available
Visit our Teemill store to purchase t-shirts and tote bags with our new logo.
The Psychedelic Society's Psychedelic Experience Retreats allow you to explore the transformative potential of psychedelics in a safe and legal environment. The psychedelic used at the retreats is the psilocybin-containing truffle. The retreats take place monthly in the Netherlands, where psilocybin truffles are legal, in groups of 10-15.
Some participants have little or no prior experience with psychedelics, whilst others may be relatively experienced yet are attracted by the group setting, and/or the idea of taking psychedelics in an intentional way at a potentially higher dose than before. Read more and apply on the Experience Retreats page
We are also now offering private retreats on request: email email@example.com
- Imperial College London and the Flow Genome Project have recently launched a new survey to improve our understanding of how mental, physical and environmental variables impact peak-experiences. Read more and participate
- The three surveys at psychedelicsurvey.com (Ceremony Study, Global Psychedelic Survey, Microdosing Study) continue to invite participation
- LSD microdosing survey for a MSc research project at King's College London
Sponsor the Psychedelic Society
We're seeking organisations that share our values who would be interested in financially supporting the Psychedelic Society in exchange for visibility on our website, mailing list (35,000 subscribers), social media (46,000 Facebook followers) and at events. If this sounds interesting, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're one of the 101 individuals who have already pledged their support, thank you! Learn more about our work and support us via Direct Debit or Patreon
In case you missed it...
Our video demanding the rescheduling of psilocybin has now been viewed over 80,000 times and has been featured in the both Independent and the Times Literary Supplement. Check it out and then sign and share the petition!
With best wishes,
Stephen Reid, Co-director