Posted Fri 15th Jun 2018, 3:35pm
Welcome to the June update!
Psychedelics for Mental Health campaign launch
Join us for the launch of the next stage of the Psychedelic Society's Psychedelics for Mental Health campaign on Tuesday 3rd July, demanding the rescheduling of psilocybin. Featuring:
- Dr. James Rucker, Head of Psychedelic Research at King’s College London
- Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris, Head of Psychedelic Research at Imperial College London
- Dr. Rosalind Watts, Clinical Psychologist at Imperial College London and co-host of the Psychedelic Integration Discussion Group
We'll screen a première of our brand new campaign animation (voiced by James Rucker) before moving on to a discussion between our three special guests and the Psychedelic Society's co-director Stephen Reid. More information on the Facebook event or tickets £12 via Funzing
By the Psychedelic Society:
- Fri 15th Jun, London: All-Night Psychedelic Gong Bath
- Mon 18th Jun, London: Psychedelic Gong Bath
- Tue 19th Jun, London: Psychedelic Men's Circle: The Father and the Son
- Mon 25th Jun, London: Psychedelic Artists' Circle: Freedom
- Wed 27th Jun, London: Psychedelic Women's Circle: Intimacy
- Tue 3rd Jul, London: Psychedelics for Mental Health Campaign Launch
- Tue 31st Jul, London: Shroomshop
- Fri 15th Jun, Bristol: Psychedelics: Origins, History & Future | Bristol
- Sun 17th Jun, London: Togetherness London
- Mon 18th Jun, Prague: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy and Psychedelic Integration
- Wed 20th Jun, Bristol: What Benefits can CBD have on Your Health? | Bristol
- Thu 21st Jun, Prague: Beyond Psychedelics: Most of the Psychedelic Society team will be in Prague for Beyond Psychedelics. Come and say hi!
- Thu 5th Jul, Leicester: Noisily Festival: We're excited to be co-creating the Mind, Body & Soul area
- Sun 8th Jul, London: Peckham Psychedelics Fiesta
- Fri 13th Jul, Netherlands: Love, Peace and Freedom
- Fri 20th Jul, London: Psychedelic Integration Group
- Tue 24th Jul, London: Can Psychedelics Change The World?
- Sat 8th Sep, Priory Gardens: Experiential Integration Workshop
- Fri 21st Sep, Tallinn, Estonia: PSYCHERENCE 2018
- Sat 13th Oct, Nacka, Sweden: Colloquium on Psychedelic Psychiatry 2018
Psychedelic Experience Weekends
The Psychedelic Society's Psychedelic Experience Weekends allow you to explore the transformative potential of psychedelics in a safe and legal environment. The psychedelic used at the weekends is the psilocybin-containing truffle. The weekends take place monthly in the Netherlands, where psilocybin truffles are legal, in groups of 10-15.
Some participants have little or no prior experience with psychedelics, whilst others may be relatively experienced yet are attracted by the group setting, and/or the idea of taking psychedelics in an intentional way at a potentially higher dose than before.
Psychedelics in the media
We're pleased to welcome our new Press Lead, Claudia Zurawell Elliot, coordinating media for our campaign launch, and raising the profile of psychedelics in the media. If you or a friend works for a media outlet and would like to talk to us about coverage of our campaign, or psychedelics, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Reid, co-director