Jealousy, Control & Letting Go
Jealousy. We've all experienced it. It shows up in a myriad of forms, and particularly as many of us begin to experiment with non-monogamous forms of connecting, the field is thrown right open to bring us into contact with those parts of ourselves that feel jealous and insecure.
Jealousy can be an unhelpful term in that it is not actually a 'thing' in and off itself, it is a holding container for many other nuanced and complex emotions.
How do you experience 'jealousy' in your life? Where does it show up? How does it affect your decisions? What do you do when you feel it? How might we change our relationship towards jealousy?
In this session, we are going to hold a candle to this often taboo subject and develop our capacity to hold this inevitable part of life.
After a year of holding this space, this will be the last Men's Circle held by Michael.
~ ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY'S MEN'S CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We welcome cis and transgender men, and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
The workshop will be facilitated by Michael Matania, a meditation teacher and resilience specialist with the charity Mind.
For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we can not arrange refunds or exchanges. We do welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know.