Men's Circle: Our Bodies
- Wed 21st Aug 2019, 7pm – 9:30pm
- 8 Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
Join the Psychedelic Society's Men's Circle in an evening of shared inquiry and discovery led by Conor. This month is a chance to delve into the vital topic of embodiment; where ever you go, your body is right there with you. So our relationship with our bodies of vital importance in every area of our lives; our relationships, work, sexuality and spirituality.
We will create a space to share openly and honestly what is alive for us in this area, and explore gestalt techniques to have a conversation with bodies. This process can bring what is unconscious into our awareness so we can live in our truth, and be comfortable in our own skin. When we develop a healthy relationship with our bodies they can become a source of strength, power and connection.
Conor is a psychologist and has trained in holistic counselling. He has been leading men's work for a number of years. He works as a coach, facilitator in corporate environments and recently has been delivering retreats training yoga teachers here and in India to bring inquiry and process work into their yoga practice.
~ ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY'S MEN'S CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
Please note that we can not arrange refunds or exchanges. We do welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap: