Tea and Sacred Tobacco Ceremony
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019, 7pm – 10pm
- The Psychedelic Society, Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Caroline and Gabriella for a meditative and conscious evening of herbal tea and sacred tobacco. We will start with some grounding exercises followed by meditation and then serve you three tea and tobacco pairings. In small groups, you will also get a chance to share your experiences with each plant medicine pairing.
Doors will close at 7:15pm
Information for Sacred Tobacco (known as rapé, pronounced "hapay")
Rapè is a sacred tobacco medicine made from secret blends by various indigenous tribes of South America. Many shamans in Brazil and Peru use it as part of important medicinal rituals. Rapè itself is NOT psychoactive.
Every blend is completely unique, incorporating many different plants to provide various forms of healing.
The medicine is applied to both nostril cavities via the use of a blow pipe.The whole experience can last anything from 5 minutes to 20 minutes depending on the strength of the medicine, and the type of the blow applied.
Some of the benefits include:
- Helps focus and sharpen the mind
- Clears a person or space of distracting, stuck energies in preparation for intention setting.
- Detoxes both body and mind and clears your energetic field.
- Clears sinuses of mucus and bacteria, thereby helping to combat colds and respiratory ailments.
- Provides a calming, grounding effect on the emotions that lasts much longer than the initial sensation.
In extreme cases Rapè can cause the receiver to purge, however usually there is an increase in saliva. Buckets will be provided in case.
Herbal tea info:
Herbaceous Blends was started to give the market more exciting, sexier and more delicious caffeine free herbal teas – with much less of the packaging. Totally caffeine intolerant, Caroline grew frustrated with the humdrum herbal tea offerings out there, so decided to blend her own.
Here are some of the blends (the exact blends you'll be served on the evening is yet to be confirmed.)
- Rose and Ginger: distinctive and delicate in aroma, balancing the fieriness of ginger.
- Exotic Camomile: grounding and nourishing. Brilliant for after meals and before bedtime. A tea that is soothing and deep in flavour.
- Linden Chai: a strong and spicy yet refreshing blend that soothes and revitalises. A lighter version of the classic chai masala.
- Earthy Mint: a peppermint tea that has depth but is also uplifting in flavour and nature. Soft and minty with a hint of citrus.
All the teas are loose leaf and naturally caffeine free. If you are sensitive to any particular herb or spice, please contact Caroline to check on whether it is in any of the tea blends. Or visit https://herbaceousblends.co.uk/tea-guide/ for detailed information.
About the Facilitators:
Gabriella is a Life Coach, Shamanic Energy healer, Rapè and Munay Ki initiate from London.
Also founder of conscious blog www.SpiritChildOfTheMoon.com,
Gabriella is inspired to share her own experience of plant medicines, astrology and the power of meditation to aid others on their path to awakening and ascension.
Caroline is founder of Herbaceous Blends, a sustainable tea business that makes loose leaf, naturally caffeine free herbal teas. It is through working on Herbaceous Blends that she has developed a deep respect and curiosity for the magical and energetic properties of plants. She sees tea making as a wonderful opportunity to introduce ceremony and ritual into daily modern life. During this tea and tobacco ceremony you will have the chance to notice the subtle ways that a cup of herbal tea can affect you.
For any enquiries please contact: email@example.com
Please note that we can not offer refunds or exchanges. We do welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know, or by using ticket swap: https://www.ticketswap.uk/location/the-psychedelic-society/146580