Men's Circle: The Masculine and the Support of Men
- Wed 30th Oct 2019, 7pm – 9:30pm
- 8 Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
Most of us spent our early years been taught a version of masculinity that asks us to suppress our emotions, be strong and in control at all times. But, this old story of masculinity isn't big enough to encompass all of who we are as men.
In this circle we will be exploring the story of masculinity and the effect it has had on our development as men, how we experience the support of other men, and how our fathers modelled masculinity to us.
Come and begin to write a new story of masculinity that acknowledges our vulnerability, our courage to feel and our struggles as men.
The Psychedelic Society's Men's Circle in an evening of shared inquiry and discovery led by Conor.
Conor is a psychologist and has trained in holistic counselling. He has been leading men's work for a number of years. He works as a coach, facilitator in corporate environments and recently has been delivering retreats training yoga teachers here and in India to bring inquiry and process work into their yoga practice.
~ ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY'S MEN'S CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap: https://www.ticketswap.uk/location/the-psychedelic-society/146580
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!