Mushroom Foraging Walk
- Sun 13th Oct 2019, 12pm – 4pm
- Hainault Forest Country Park, United Kingdom
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
Join foraging expert and wild plant specialist Chris from Spores for Thought on a journey of ecological discovery through Hainault Forest.
Hainault Forest is an ancient woodland on the outskirts of London that is home to many wild species of plant, animal and of course, Mushroom. Chris, a nomadic boat dweller based loosely in London, has guided himself on a decade-long journey into the mystery of mushrooms, weeds and trees; and will happily guide you along too, on a journey that will deepen your connection to the places you inhabit and their connections to the magical, interconnected drama of nature, in which fungi play an integral role.
This walk will give you the opportunity to learn about the different types of mushroom that grow in Hainault forest, which are edible and which are not, and allow you to responsibly pick some to take home.
We will begin at 12 from the starting point of the Two Brewers Pub (57 Lambourne Rd, Chigwell IG7 6ET) and end at around 4pm.
Please ensure that you bring:
- Clothes and shoes suitable for walking in the outdoors in the autumn!
- Something to put your mushrooms in (a bag, or basket)
- A notepad and pen if you'd like to take notes
- A packed lunch and a bottle of water
Chris's details will be sent out to you via email before the walk so that you can communicate with him directly.