Men's Circle: Presence
- Wed 27th Nov 2019, 7pm – 9:30pm
- 8 Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Psychedelic Society's Men's Circle in an evening of shared inquiry and discovery led by Conor. This month is a chance to delve into the vital topic of presence...
Presence is a quality fundamental to a grounded man. Many of us are trying to cultivate presence but find ourselves struggling in our fast paced society in this fast paced city. Our attention is constantly being pulled in different directions, making it difficult to be present with what is right in front of us, here and now.
Without presence our relationships with ourselves and our loved ones suffer. Presence is the master ingredient for being in flow and at ease.
Come join this Men's Circle to explore the quality of our presence, noticing and becoming more aware of ourselves.
Conor is a psychologist and has trained in holistic counselling. He has been leading men's work for a number of years. He works as a coach, facilitator in corporate environments and recently has been delivering retreats training yoga teachers here and in India to bring inquiry and process work into their yoga practice.
~ ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY'S MEN'S CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap: https://www.ticketswap.uk/location/the-psychedelic-society/146580
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!