Beyond the Body: Out of Body Experience with Jade Shaw
- Sun 3rd May 2020, 10:45am – 6pm
- The Psychedelic Society, 8 Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
This interactive workshop offers foundational techniques via a 3 step process to learn how to self-initiate an Out of Body Experience for the purpose of psychological and spiritual growth.
It draws on mindfulness, breathing, and physical exercises to navigate the state so that you feel safe, equipped and empowered to start a home practise.
In this workshop you will learn:
1. Why the Out of Body Experience state is a powerful self-realisation tool
2. Perspectives from both the western scientific field and eastern traditions
3. Why motivation & intention is key to success
4. How to develop your ‘projection’ plan
5. How to achieve ‘mind-awake body-asleep’ awareness (the prepatory state for an OBE)
6. How to harness the ‘vibrational stage’ often prerequisite to OBE
7. When and how to use ‘exit’ techniques from the physical body
8. How to overcome fear in altered states of consciousness
9. What to expect in the environments beyond the body
10. Sleep cycle planning & real world application
11. Better sleep hygiene
12. How the OBE practise benefits your daily life
GOING WAY BEYOND SO WE CAN BE WELL WITHIN
What are the benefits?
- Self Growth: Evoke personal change, become your best-self.
- Life Insights: Receive insights & realisations, tap into a higher awareness.
- Interconnectedness: Connect with people and places beyond space and time.
- Transforming Fears: Transform fear reactive patterns and overcome limitations in everyday life.
- Conscious Dying: Release the fear of dying and cultivate compassion at the point of death.
- Spiritual Awakening: Explore consciousness beyond matter.
WHAT IS AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE?
An Out of Body Experience (sometimes know as astral projection) is an experience of self-consciousness seeming to separate from the physical body and journeying within non-physical realities.
Its defined by a visceral feeling of 'separation' from the body, then finding oneself in an 'energy' or 'second' body away from the physical one and then travelling to different places. The precursor to this experience is often the transitory vibrational stage. Afterwards the person usually has no connection to the physical body - in fact just thinking of it can one bring 'back' sometimes with a 'crash' landing during the 're-entry'.
Spontaneous experiences happen at random - often when the person is at a crossroads in their life or in need of change or guidance. However self-initiated experiences have been practiced by over 50 traditions world-wide.
This practice enables one to connect with people, places and events outside of ordinary time and space for healing, knowledge and guidance.
"Jade clearly lives, breathes and loves what she does and her enthusiasm, deep knowledge and experience were almost passed on via osmosis. It was impossible not to come home with a refreshed sense of wonder, clarity and possibility- not to mention some awesome simple practical new tools that I felt safe and inspired to use right away.”
- Maria Schonfeld
“Jade is a fantastic guide into the world of astral projection. Having always been fascinated by it, I was so excited to attend her workshop and learn more! What is great about Jade is that she is so wonderfully grounded and real. She makes something as “far out” as OBE seem very accessible.”
- Sally-Anne Reynolds
"Jade's ability to turn a complex phenomenon like OBE's into a much easier to understand concept is second to none. I walked away with greater understanding than ever before and left the session knowing what I needed to practice. She gave me easy to follow step by step processes to help induce a OBE and other practices to aid! I'm much more confident now! Her energy during the session showed me just how passionate she is about the OBE and just how much she wants to help others. Thanks Jade!"
- James Rayson.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR
In 2014 Jade was an international choreographer whom worked for the Royal Academy of Dance and Sadler’s Wells Theatre when she had a transformative Out of Body Experience (OBE) that changed her life. She left her own company and a 12-year career in the arts to teach workshops on the practice for self-growth.
Compelled to explore her experience she embarked in an Msc in Transpersonal Psychology and has spent the past 3-years researching the ‘transformative’ effects of OBE’s. To spread awareness she made a documentary called ‘Insight Out’ with interviews from experts such as New York best selling author Dr Eben Alexander, the lead Monroe Institute trainer William Buhlman and former NASA Physicist Tom Campbell.
She is the Astral Projection consultant for new Netflix series ‘Behind her Eyes’ and she has spoke at venues from London’s largest spiritual organisation Alternatives to private member clubs Soho House & Ace Hotel, as well as Mindvalley University in Croatia. She's delivered workshops throughout the UK and internationally including at Europe’s largest ‘Mind Body Spirit’ Festival.
Jade takes a mindfulness approach to the practice and receives guidance from the abbot of Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery Lama Yeshe Rinpoche, has trained with the Mindfulness Association and the renown Monroe Institute. She holds a BA hon’s degree in Dance & Culture, a foundation degree in Movement Psychotherapy and she's a member of the Science & Medical Network as well as A Winston Churchill Trust Fellow.
Enquiries: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access: Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.
Our UK events are intended for a sober audience.
Refunds: Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events. Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!