Cyclical Living as Embodied Activism with Ruby May
- Fri 22nd Nov 2019, 7pm – 9pm
- The Psychedelic Society, Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
“Inhabiting your body - reuniting with its intelligence - is one of the most political statements you can make” - Philip Shepherd
What does living cyclically - particularly living in attunement with the cycles of our wombs (for those of us who have them!) - have to do with politics or activism?
This is an invitation for anyone, regardless of gender, to join Ruby May for an evening enquiry and come and find out!
At the root of the current ecological crisis we face is our disconnect from our bodies. Rather than being mere ‘brain taxis (!)’ as our disembodied culture might suggest, our bodies have a profound wisdom and intelligence, awaiting our discovery. Reuniting with this wisdom and our sense of wholeness has potent ramifications: supporting us in creating intelligent responses to the current crises we are faced with, deconstructing the ways we have internalised the oppressive systems and narratives we live in that create such imbalance and destruction, and creating new life-affirming systems.
Through talk and playful discussion - with a little gentle embodiment practice along the way! - we’ll be covering:
* What happens physically, emotionally and spiritually to women and people with wombs in the different phases of their menstrual cycle.
* The Cyclical Blueprint: reconnecting with 'wholeness' through the body and its implications for systems change
* The practice of MCA (Menstrual Cycle Awareness) as a tool for dismantling internalised oppression: moving from disconnect and power over to connection, listening and responding to.
* PMT, emotional literacy and the activism of grief.
* Redefining intelligence: using cyclical wisdom for guidance in generating creative solutions to personal and collective issues
* Managing our energy as activists: how to kick ass and not burn out!
* What is ‘feminine’ or womb-centered leadership?
About Ruby May
Ruby May is a truth-seeking, earth-loving, edge-dwelling creative visionary and facilitator who brings fifteen years of personal self-enquiry, research and experience working internationally within the fields of human relating, sexuality & women’s empowerment. She is co-founder of ‘Authentic Eros: Beyond Gender’ and ‘Lucid’ in Berlin, and runs ‘Know Your Flow’, an online mentorship program and network exploring cyclical living and womb-centered leadership for personal and planetary revolution.
"Ruby May is a deeply committed, articulate and passionate teacher and facilitator on body consciousness and literacy in particular in the new field of menstruality. Bold and responsive, she brings a discerning intelligence to all she does."
- Alexandra Pope and Sjanie Hugo Wurlitzer
Co-directors of Red School
"This body of work changed everything. The way I experience my body, the way I speak to myself, the way I see myself as a woman, the way I connect with the earth and the world around me. I love how Ruby's background in working with human relating, spiritual ecology and the shadow infuse her knowledge of this field. Truly life-changing!"
Participant in a 'Know Your Flow' Workshop, 2018
Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap
For enquires please email email@example.com
Did you know that members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events? Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community
Doors open at (7:00) and close at (7:15) To ensure the quality of the event, late comers will not be admitted
Our UK events are intended for a sober audience. We kindly ask that you respect this request.
Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.