Psychedelic Gong Bath (Round Chapel)
Please read thoroughly the following description and information so you arrive to the session fully prepared. It is essential to bring your own mats and warm blankets or sleeping bags.
As you lie on a mat on the floor, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls, some other ritual instruments and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of being 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting subtle or powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feeling of timeless nothingness and bliss. During the session the brainwaves are altered to the state that is self-healing, and has balancing benefits on the body and mind. Occasionally some sounds might trigger unpleasant and suppressed emotions that flow up to the surface — please accept them as a part of a healing process. In most cases the overall experience is very relaxing and ecstatic, and participants feel refreshed and recharged for a few days after the session.
To get the best out of the experience, please:
* KEEP YOURSELF WARM & COMFY - wear warm clothes, thick socks and bring a sleeping bag or warm blankets + mat/mattress to lie down on. During the session the temperature of the body often drops, so you might feel cold if you come unprepared. The venue is an old church and it is not easy to heat it up.
* COME WITH NO EXPECTATIONS and with an open mind.
* POSITION YOURSELF WITH YOUR HEAD FACING THE GONGS.
* WEAR AN EYE MASK or put a scarf on your face to cover your eyes which can enhance your visual sound experience.
* CEREMONIAL GRADE PUERH TEA will be available before the beginning of the session. It significantly affects subtle and physical energies in the body, and brings an additional mysterious effect to the meditation.
* TAKE YOUR TIME TO DIGEST THE EXPERIENCE - give yourself a bit of time for silence and introspection after the sounds of the session have vanished.
Tickets: £13 - £16 (Please note that we can not arrange refunds or exchanges. We do welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know)
~ Doors open at 7.30pm. Please take your shoes off before entering the hall, place your mats & blankets in tidy concentric circles, and come to the tea corner for a cup of a special grade puerh tea (keep your cup to use it for herbal tea after the gong bath).
~ Please switch off your mobiles and use the toilets before the sound session begins.
~ We close the door strictly at 8.00pm. Gong sound bath starts at 8.05pm and lasts about 1hr15min, followed by 5-10min of silence.
~ Everybody is welcome to stay in the hall afterwards: to enjoy the beautiful space, drink tea and chat with others.
Psychedelic Gong Bath at spectacular Round Chapel is a big event for about 100 people and more. It's perfect to bring your loved ones, friends and family members or to come by yourself. If you prefer small, more intimate gong baths, check out Kat's other events that she runs independently.
Facilitator: Kat Bumbul/Sound Mysterium
Kat is experienced sound healer (10 years), working with gongs, old Himalayan singing bowls, drums and her unique voice. She is also a ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy. Kat studies and practices siberian shamanism, baltic rituals, kashmiri shaiva tantra and dzogchen.
Kat/Sound Mysterium is available for private sound sessions inc singing bowls sound massage, hand/energy healing, shamanic healing, tea ceremonies/meditations, workshops, art projects, retreats, and tuition in sound healing & voice.
Please note, these events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at. The Psychedelic Society does however organize 'Psychedelic Experience Weekends' - for more information, please visit http://psychedelicsociety.org.uk/experience-weekends)
For any enquiries regarding Psychedelic Gong Bath please contact email@example.com