Psychedelic Men's Circle: The Lover
- Tue 22nd May 2018, 7pm – 9pm
- Aho Studio, Prince Edward Road, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
After our first sell-out event, we are back for round 2 for an exploration of the Lover Archetype.
We will be holding and sharing on the following questions:
- How are we in romantic relationships? How do we give and receive love?
- What role do we play in relationships? Do we stay in our Lover or drift into playing the father or son?
- How do we practice emotional honesty in our relationships? What get's in the way of this?
- How do we experience shame in our relationships?
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT USE PSYCHEDELICS AT THIS EVENT
“What a lovely, powerful, meaningful evening in excellent company. Love that we went deep but that we also avoided being too precious.”
“I was humbled by everyones willingness to share and be vulnerable”
“This was such a warm, wonderful experience and the thing that struck me the most was that so many other men felt the same distance and isolation as me.”
“Really well facilitated. Great space. Comfortable environment. Will definitely be coming back.
ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC MEN'S CIRCLE
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
These are gatherings for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
At each gathering we explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans with penises.
The workshop will be facilitated by Michael - Emotional Resilience specialist with the charity Mind and founder of the Meditation Company 'Tough Cookie'.