Posted Mon 8th Jan 2018, 2:57am
Welcome to the January update! I hope you’ve had a good start to 2018.
1. Upcoming events
By the Psychedelic Society (in London unless stated otherwise):
- Wed 10th Jan: Psychedelic Sound Journeys
- Sat 20th Jan: Psychedelic Breathwork
- Mon 22nd Jan: Psychedelic Gong Bath
- Wed 24th Jan: Psychedelic Yoga & Sound Meditation
- Sun 28th Jan: Psychedelic Contact Improvisation
- Thu 1st Feb: Psychedelic Movement Journey
- Tue 6th Feb: Psychedelic Silliness
- Fri 26th Jan: Psychedelic Integration Group
Want your event listed here? Submit it via the Psychedelic Society website.
2. Psychedelic Experience Weekends
The Psychedelic Society's Psychedelic Experience Weekends allow you to explore the transformative potential of psychedelics in a safe and legal environment. The psychedelic used at the weekends is the psilocybin-containing truffle. The weekends take place monthly in the Netherlands, where psilocybin truffles are legal, in groups of 10-15.
Some participants have little or no prior experience with psychedelics, whilst others may be relatively experienced yet are attracted by the group setting, and/or the idea of taking psychedelics in an intentional way at a potentially higher dose than before.
From May onwards, the majority of our Experience Weekends will take place over 4, rather than 3 days. We have been continually receiving feedback from participants along the lines "I only wish it could have lasted longer". So we listened and we acted! We will still only have one psychedelic ceremony but use the extra time for more in-depth preparation for and integration of the experience.
We are also excited to offer one-on-one preparation/integration sessions with our facilitators before/after Experience Weekends. This gives you the opportunity to explore in more depth any topics which you might want to work with in ceremony, or to examine, process and integrate insights. Sessions are priced at £40/hour and will generally be conducted over video chat, unless we find ourselves in the happy circumstance that both facilitator and participant live in the same place. Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The next Experience Weekends will take place on:
- 23-25 February 2018 (filming for a short video documentary)
- 2-4 March 2018
- 27-29 April 2018
- 25-28 May 2018
- 22-25 June 2018
4. What’s hot on Facebook
- Psychedelics for Depression & Anxiety: Our petition to reschedule LSD and psilocybin has passed 4,000 signatures. Sign the petition then email your MP
- Why It Feels Like You Can Communicate with Nature on LSD
- FDA Confirms Psilocybin Reduces Risk Of Mindlessly Following Society’s Rules Like Fucking Lemming (satire!)
- Video of the Psychedelic Society’s eye-gazing flashmob
- The Psychedelic Society’s co-director Stephen Reid has written a four-part blog series on his recent dieta with ayahuasca and Noya Rao with a Shipibo community in the Amazon
5. Play your part in the psychedelic renaissance
Become a Supporter by making a regular monthly donation to receive invitations to exclusive supporters-only events, priority booking to our more popular events, access to the supporters-only email group and the chance to influence the strategic direction of the Society.
Every monthly donation helps us produce more quality video and web content, organise more events, and grow the Experience Weekends programme. We also accept one-off donations by card, Paypal or Bitcoin.
Stephen and the Psychedelic Society team