Posted Thu 1st Mar 2018, 6:57pm
Welcome to the March update!
1. Upcoming events
By the Psychedelic Society
- Wed 7th Mar: Supporters' Reception with Natalie Lyla Ginsberg of MAPS
- Wed 7th Mar: Psychedelic Sound Journeys
- Thu 8th Mar: Psychedelic Meditation: Lucid Living
- Sat 10th Mar: Psychedelic Breathwork & Sound Bath
- Wed 14th Mar: Psychedelic Women's Circle: Belonging
- Thu 15th Mar: Psychedelic Movement Journey #2
- Wed 21st Mar: Psychedelic Yoga & Sound Meditation
- Thu 22nd Mar: Psychedelic Meditation: Monkey Mind
- Thu 5th Apr: Psychedelic Meditation: Play Attention
- Thu 26th Apr: Psychedelic Cinema: Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds
- Wed 7th Mar: Entheogenesis: The Origins, History & Future of Psychedelics
- Sat 17th Mar: Experiential Integration Workshop
- Fri 23rd Mar: Psychedelic Integration Group
- Wed 28th Mar: Entheogenic Myths, Easter & The Underworld
- Thu 19th Apr: #LSD75 (75th anniversary of Albert Hofmann’s incredible consciousness transforming discovery - a 4 day symposium event in Switzerland, with renowned speakers, stimulating workshops, roundtable discussions, science, art, music and the chance to repeat the original bike ride on the exact route!)
- Thu 3rd May: Deep Magic Retreat in Cornwall
- Sat 12th May: Experiential Integration Workshop
- Thu 21st Jun: Beyond Psychedelics
Want your event listed here? Submit it via the Psychedelic Society website.
2. Help us find a London home
The Psychedelic Society is looking for a London home. With the growing number of events and team members, we’ve decided it’s time to find a venue of our own to further serve the psychedelic community.
We envisage a venue with a large main hall to host our talks, yoga, gong baths and other events, and a separate cosy café/living room area for hanging out and socialising. Below is a description of our ideal venue:
- Main space with wooden floor suitable for dance, capacity at least 100 seated
- Can play music at a reasonable volume until at least 10pm (ideally later)
- Location: central/north/east, no more than 15 minute walk from a tube station
- Ground floor/disabled access
- Secondary space suitable as a chillout/café/social space
- Storage space
- Friendly neighbours
- Somewhere we can decorate
- Lots of natural light
We’re also looking for a friendly accountant with experience of working with small nonprofit organisations. Can you help? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What’s hot on Facebook
- Our petition Psychedelics for Depression & Anxiety has surpassed 5,000 signatures. Have you signed and shared?
- New Evidence Suggests Magic Mushrooms Can Make You Feel Closer To Nature And Less Authoritarian
- Amsterdam and its psilocybin truffles soon to be just 3h41m away from London by train
- Philosophers and mystics have long contemplated the disconcerting notion that the fixed self is an illusion. Neuroscientists now think they can prove it or, at least, help us glimpse this truth with some help from psilocybin, the psychoactive property in magic mushrooms.
- 8-Bit Philosophy: Are Drugs Good?
- Students, check out the NUS National Student Drug Survey
4. Psychedelic Experience Weekends
The Psychedelic Society's Psychedelic Experience Weekends allow you to explore the transformative potential of psychedelics in a safe and legal environment. The psychedelic used at the weekends is the psilocybin-containing truffle. The weekends take place monthly in the Netherlands, where psilocybin truffles are legal, in groups of 10-15.
Some participants have little or no prior experience with psychedelics, whilst others may be relatively experienced yet are attracted by the group setting, and/or the idea of taking psychedelics in an intentional way at a potentially higher dose than before.
The next Experience Weekends will take place on:
- 27-29 April 2018 (3 days)
- 25-28 May 2018 (4 days)
- 22-25 June 2018 (4 days)
5. Play your part in the psychedelic renaissance
Become a Supporter by making a regular monthly donation to receive invitations to exclusive supporters-only events, priority booking to our more popular events, access to the supporters-only email group and the chance to influence the strategic direction of the Society.
Every monthly donation helps us produce more quality video and web content, organise more events, and grow the Experience Weekends programme. We also accept one-off donations by card, Paypal or Bitcoin.
Stephen and the Psychedelic Society team