Posted Tue 3rd Oct 2017, 6:22pm
Welcome to the October update!
1. Upcoming events
By the Psychedelic Society:
- London, Wed 11th Oct: Psychedelic Women's Circle
- London, Mon 16th Oct: Psychedelic Gong Bath (sold out)
- London, Tue 17th Oct: Psychedelic Breathwork
- London, Thu 26th Oct: Meditation Flashmob for Mental Health
- London, Fri 27th Oct: All-Night Psychedelic Gong Bath
- London, Sat 28th Oct: Psychedelic Social: Mushroom Medley
- London, Wed 15th Nov: Psychedelic Silliness
- London, Thu 16th Nov: Toad Medicine (5-MeO-DMT) and the Entheogenic Experience
- Manchester, Fri 6th Oct: Philosophy, Psychedelics & Consciousness meetup
- London, Sun 8th Oct: Ayana Iyi: The Sacred Feminine Explored
- London, Wed 11th Oct: Ayana Iyi: Let The Circle Be Unbroken
- Brighton, Wed 18th Oct: Book Club on Aldous Huxley’s ‘The Doors of Perception’
- Birmingham, Thu 19th Oct: The Origins, History & Future of Psychedelics (with Darren Le Baron)
- London, Sat 21st Oct: Beauty and the Beat
- London, Sun 22nd Oct: Sunday Gathering: Psychedelics and Mystical Experience (with Stephen Reid)
- Edinburgh, Sun 29th Oct: Andy Roberts: The History of LSD in Britain
- Berlin, Fri 3rd Nov: Altered Conference | Berlin
- London, Fri 10th Nov: Psychedelic Integration Group
- Bristol, Wed 15th Nov: The Power In Performance
- London, Fri 17th Nov: Science and Spiritual Practices - Dr Rupert Sheldrake
Want your event listed here? Submit it via the Psychedelic Society website.
2. Petition updates
- New petition: Psychedelics for Depression & Anxiety: 4 million people suffer from depression & anxiety in the UK. Research has shown the potential of LSD and psilocybin to treat these conditions, yet it's being hindered by the restrictive Schedule 1 status of the substances. By rescheduling LSD and psilocybin to Schedule 2, research would become faster and cheaper, and doctors would be able to start prescribing these substances when they see fit. Sign the petition then email your MP
- Our petition to relegalise the supply and possession of psilocybin mushrooms has now been signed by almost 12,000 people, and we've discovered that Facebook adverts are an incredibly effective way of getting more people to sign. So far, the ads have cost around 15p per signature. We're seeking to raise £1500 to double the amount of signatures on the petition from 10,000 to 20,000. Contribute via Indiegogo
3. Psychedelic Experience Weekends
The Psychedelic Society's Psychedelic Experience Weekends allow you to explore the transformative potential of psychedelics in a safe and legal environment. The psychedelic used at the weekends is the psilocybin-containing truffle. The weekends take place monthly in the Netherlands, where psilocybin truffles are legal, in groups of 10-15.
Some participants have little or no prior experience with psychedelics, whilst others may be relatively experienced yet are attracted by the group setting, and/or the idea of taking psychedelics in an intentional way at a potentially higher dose than before.
The next Experience Weekends will take place on:
- 27-29 Oct (Psychedelic Experience Weekend for Women)
- 3-5 Nov
- 8-10 Dec
4. What’s hot on Facebook
- People who trip on psychedelics are more likely to be environmentally conscious
- Visit our Teemill store for Psychedelic Society t-shirts and tote bags
5. Play your part in the psychedelic renaissance
Become a Supporter by making a regular monthly donation to receive invitations to exclusive supporters-only events, priority booking to our more popular events, access to the supporters-only email group and the chance to influence the strategic direction of the Society.
Every monthly donation helps us produce more quality video and web content, organise more events, and grow the Experience Weekends programme. We also accept one-off donations by card, Paypal or Bitcoin.
Stephen and the Psychedelic Society team