Men's Circle: Getting What You Need
- Tue 19th Feb 2019, 7pm – 9:30pm
- 8 Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
As men, we are often out of touch with our deeper needs and desires. As boys, few of were ever asked how we actually feel or what it is that we needed, and we are therefore stunted in this area. In fact, most of us have no idea what our actual needs are, let alone how to get these needs met.
What would your life look like if you were more fully attuned to what you really needed? If you had greater clarity of what might support you to meet those needs and the confidence to *ASK* for help?
In this session, we are going to create a space to practise this. We are going to shine a light to this dark and dusty area - who knows, maybe you will surprise yourself.
~ ABOUT THE PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY'S MENS CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
The workshop will be facilitated by Michael Matania, a meditation teacher and resilience specialist with the charity Mind.