The Shroomshop: Mushroom Cultivation for Beginners
The Shroomshop keeps selling out. It seems you folk really wanna know how to cultivate mushrooms! We are pleased to say that Darren is returning for some more fungi fun.
Mushrooms have been growing wild since prehistoric times. Their therapeutic value has been prized in indigenous cultures, for thousands of years. They play a critical role in medicinal practice and were noted in some of the first books on herbal medicine written thousands of years ago
In the past few decades, mushrooms have become more popular for their therapeutic qualities in the west as a result of an expanding body of scientific research supporting their numerous health benefits.
Come and learn the basics of mushroom cultivation, explore various techniques for growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms such as Oyster, Reishi, Shiitake and many other strains of mushrooms.
This will be a hands on experience covering everything you need to know to get you started.
Doors open: 6:30pm
Shroomshop start: 6:45pm
What We Will Cover
- What are Mushrooms?
- How do Mushrooms grow?
- How do you grow Mushrooms at home?
- Mushroom Aftercare
- How to make and use Spore Prints, Spawn & Spore Syringes
- Where to get everything?
- Each participant will leave with an inoculated mushroom growing jar, handouts and a "How To Do It" video / eBook bundle.
About Your Facilitator
Darren Springer is a keen mushroom grower and teacher, having taught over a thousand people in the last seven years how to grow their own edible mushrooms. He is Horticulture and Food Enterprise worker and tutor for and has translated his home growing experience into a commercial experiment. In this workshop Darren shares his practical tips and experience to help you successfully grow mushrooms at home.
- Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap
- For enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events? Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!
- Our UK events are intended for a sober audience. We kindly ask that you respect this request.
Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.