Kambô: A Talk with Benjamin Mudge
- Wed 6th Nov 2019, 7pm – 9:30pm
- The Psychedelic Society, Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
Kambô is a secretion of the Giant Monkey Tree Frog – Phyllomedusa bicolor – that is used in traditional rituals by some of the indigenous tribes of the Amazon rainforest.
Indigenous traditions with Kambô are believed to support physical and spiritual purification, liberation from “Panema” energy, and connection with the benevolent consciousness of an amphibian that has no predators. Kambô is applied through small holes burned into the surface of the skin. Kambô induces a strong detoxifying purge and is, therefore, a challenging process that is best received in a safely-held and compassionate setting.
This talk and slideshow will include:
- Facts about the Kambô frog, Phyllomedusa bicolor
- Traditional uses of Kambô by indigenous tribes in Brazil and Peru
- The anecdotal reports of the physical and energetic healing resulting from ingestion of this frog venom (when applied correctly)
- What to expect in a Kambô ceremony, and how to get the best results
- Overview of the history of Westernization of the Kambô tradition, from the first gringo encounter in Cruzeiro do Sul in Brazil, to the international proliferation of Kambô practitioners
- Analysis of the known health risks (including deaths) from improper use of Kambô - and how to avoid them
- A discussion of the ideological issues and practical problems arising when an indigenous Amazonian tradition gets transplanted into a Western city
- Personal observations of working with Kambô since 2010
- Musical transmission of sacred Brazilian Kambô songs
VIDEO AND OTHER INFORMATION on the discussion tab of the Facebook event:
About the Facilitator
Benjamin Mudge is an empathic Kambô Ceremony Facilitator who has been training with Brazilians since 2010, including pajés from the Huni Kuin, Yawanawá, Katukina and Puyanawa tribes. He is also doing a PhD about ayahuasca and co-curated the Psychedelic Society’s Ayahuasca Symposium.
Everyone attending this talk will receive a £5 discount coupon for use at one of his Kambô Ceremonies, which happen every weekend in Homerton.
For more information: https://www.kamboceremonies.com
Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via Ticket Swap
For enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events? Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!
Our UK events are intended for a sober audience. We kindly ask that you respect this request.
Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.