Wild and Raw Relating
- Thu 19th Dec 2019, 7pm – 10pm
- The Psychedelic Society, Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience the thrill and sublime beauty of unfiltered human connection.
In a series of deceptively simple partnered exercises, this is your opportunity to;
- Get in touch with your raw instinctive impulse.
- Overcome fear to express your pure emotions.
- Form connections unencumbered by past, future, identity or ideology.
Drawing on the techniques of the genius acting coach Meisner, we aim to strip away all artifice, pretence and performance, and reveal the raw quality of human relating.
The aim is to be effortless; To remove any striving to appear other than how you are, and discover your fullest expression. The chance to liberate your inner life and emotional fullness, to be witnessed in a supportive and contained environment.
This work takes courage, vulnerability, humility, but the rewards are immediate and what you discover is everlasting.
"I absolutely loved this workshop - quite surprised to have learned so much about non-verbal communication, and how to become more consciously aware of people's feelings in relationships and during interactions."
"This was a fascinating, creative and laugh out loud fun way of using acting methods to better understand the way we relate to each other."
"I chose to go to this event because it seemed so out of my comfort zone it really scared me, yet I absolutely loved it. Only the warm up felt a bit uncomfortable, after that the actual Meisner exercises were lots of fun and rich with discovery about myself and others. Can't wait for the next one and I'll bring friends with me!"
Amir has worked as a performer, movement coach and facilitator for over twenty years, in work spanning cinema, TV, stage and festival. Highlights include movement work on World War Z, The Mummy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mr Selfridge (ITV) as well as performances for the Royal Opera House, Sadlers Wells, The Royal Court and Royal Albert Hall.
He runs the popular event series ‘Doors of Perception; Mind Games for Modern Mystics’ and related events exploring the nature of reality and consciousness. He is recently trained in Internal Family Systems Therapy and is currently working at Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Gaia Harvey Jackson
Gaia hosts workshops and ceremonies around the world, helping people to break free of the box, move through challenges, and find meaningful connection.
Liberation and celebration are central to her work, bringing together the sacred and the silly, for people to allow their full wild selves to be expressed, no matter how strange or vulnerable.
Her work combines elements of theatre games, voice work, meditation, dance and ritual, creating safe and playful environments where people can authentically connect and release.
Gaia's other popular creations include Rave Ritual, Psychedelic Women's Circle and Slow Dating.
“Gaia always holds a safe and loving space to explore the depths of our souls. It's one of the only places I have in my life to truly be myself - no expectations, limitations or judgement.”
- Doors open at 18:40 and close at 19:15. To ensure the quality of the event, late comers will not be admitted
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges, but you can resell your tickets to friends, or on Ticket Swap
- Our UK events are intended for a sober audience. We kindly ask that you respect this request.
- Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.
- This event features a lot movement and eye contact. If you are not sure if this is suitable to you please contact the facilitator.
- For enquires please email email@example.com
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events. Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!