The Art of Conscious Conversation
- Sat 18th Jan 2020, 11am – 5pm GMT (UTC +00:00)
- The Psychedelic Society, Mackintosh Lane, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
A conscious conversation creates a safe space for you to share what really matters. It offers an opportunity to be seen and heard, allowing deeper connections to form, and a greater sense of belonging and wholeness. This is a learned art based in the awareness of what wants to emerge.
We will practice letting curiosity lead you across the bridge from your own island into the shared space by...~ Listening carefully to your instinct
~ Speaking from your heart
~ Contemplating what your co-conversationalist is saying
~ Using open questions to go deeper
~ Opening to what wants to emerge
~ Having challenging conversations with grace
This one day workshop will help you to follow your curiosity in the other, and gently coax you into opening up, inviting you to bring your full authentic self to the table.
“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” - Brene Brown
Everyone contains a gift of magic for you… if only you would ask the right questions.
"Thea is very intuitive and direct. She has a great gift in nurturing self expression in a dynamic and amazingly speedy way!"
- Helena, Previous coaching participant
“It completely erased the nerves. I channelled the nerves into the energy of how I wanted to be, and not the fear of what could go wrong.”
– Katie, Founder, Beyond Business
“What’s great about Thea is that she doesn’t say “here’s how you’re going to do that”. She actually gives you the exercise so that you discover your own path there. And then it’s just like you know how to do it.”
– Rob, Leadership Coach, Somekind
About the Facilitator
Thea May is an Embodied Speaking Coach with over 10 years coaching experience. She works exclusively with positive-change speakers on their spoken communication.
Thea's clients are:
~ Passionate change-makers with something to say, but who get flustered when the pressure is on
~ People with a purpose and a desire to communicate it with their whole self
~ Big thinkers with a message to share and a will to make it count, even under pressure
~ Straight talkers alienated by business jargon and superficial chit-chat
Thea is a firm believer in the power of the connected voice as a tool for changing the status quo, supporting speakers who addresses our planetary survival crisis and imagine a way through.
Her style is playful, direct and nurturing. Her work will encourage you and draw you out, challenge you to become the biggest version of yourself and support you in making that shift.
Thea is a champion of people with a burning message and a yearning to be heard, and will give you her all to make that possible.
Find out more about Thea and her coaching programs: www.workingwithvoice.com
- Please note that we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. We welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know or via https://www.ticketswap.uk/location/the-psychedelic-society/146580Ticket Swap
- For enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off all our events? Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community!
- Our UK events are intended for a sober audience. We kindly ask that you respect this request.
Events at our Homerton space are up two flight of stairs, so we are sorry to say we do not yet have wheelchair access.
This event relies on primarily on auditory content and cues, and may not be accessible for those without hearing.