- Mon 29th Oct 2018, 8pm – 10pm
- The Round Chapel Auditorium, Glenarm Road, London, UK
- Facebook event
'Psychedelic experience without psychedelics'.
As you lie on a mat on the floor, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of being 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting subtle or powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feelings of timeless nothingness and bliss.
To get the best out of the experience, please:
* KEEP YOURSELF WARM & COMFY - wear warm clothes, thick socks and bring a sleeping bag + mat/mattress to lie down on. During the session the temperature of the body often drops, and the chapel space might feel a bit cold even on warmer nights, so please come well prepared.
* COME WITH NO EXPECTATIONS and with an open mind.
* POSITION YOURSELF WITH YOUR HEAD FACING THE GONGS.
* WEAR AN EYE MASK or put a scarf on your face to cover your eyes which can enhance your visual sound experience.
* CEREMONIAL GRADE PUERH TEA will be available before the beginning of the session. It significantly affects subtle and physical energies in the body, especially chi (qi), and brings an additional mysterious effect to the meditation.
* TAKE YOUR TIME TO DIGEST THE EXPERIENCE - give yourself a bit of time for silence and introspection after the sounds of the session have vanished. Then you are very welcome to stay for a cup of herbal tea and share your experience with your friends and organizers.
Facilitator: Kat Bumbul/Sound Mysterium
Kat is experienced and gifted sound healer (10 years), working with gongs, old Himalayan singing bowls and her unique voice. She is also a ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy. Kat is available for private sound sessions inc singing bowls sound massage, also hand/energy healing, Kashmiri Shaivism practices, shamanic quest & healing, tea ceremonies/meditations, workshops and retreats.
More about Kat and her work:
*Doors open at 7.50pm for 8.15pm start and the session lasts over an hour.
*No entrance after 8.15pm please.
*It is essential to bring a mat/mattress & a sleeping bag or warm blankets.
Please note, these events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at. The Psychedelic Society does however organise 'Psychedelic Experience Weekends' - for more information, please visit http://psychedelicsociety.org.uk/experience-weekends)
This event is sold out
Missed out on tickets to Psychedelic Gong Bath at The Round Chapel? Join the waitlist, and if we are able to issue more tickets, we'll get in touch. We'll also add you to our mailing list so you hear about future events.