Psychedelic Men's Circle: The Father and the Son
Join me for June's Psychedelic Men's Circle where we will be shining a spotlight on our relationship with our fathers, our experience of being sons, and how it has impacted on our lives.
How does your father show up in your life? Was he present? Was he distant? What did he (consciously or unconsciously) teach you?
Last year I went on a thee month pilgrimage to Spain to find and meet my estranged father, and had an opportunity to have many conversations along the way. One thing this journey taught me is that we don't talk about our shared experience of our fathers enough.
By bringing awareness to this topic and hearing the stories and perspectives of others, we give ourselves an opportunity to be better sons and fathers.
This event will include deep sharing and special meditations to help us drill deep into this topic. Make sure your seatbelts are on and tables in their upright position, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
~ PSYCHEDELIC MENS CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans with penis's.
The workshop will be co-facilitated by Michael Matania, a meditation teacher and resilience specialist with the charity Mind.